Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The waiting game

John and I had our last home visit and interviews last week. Now the only thing we are waiting for is our federal fingerprints/background check to come back. The tough part is there is no set timeline for how long this takes. Our social worker said some come back in less than 6 weeks, while others can take 3 months or more. Since our prints were taken December 12th, this means we could get a call next week or we could have to wait until March! It is hard for us to wait knowing that there are so many kids out there who need homes and here we are all ready but can't take one! In the meantime, we are just spending as much time as possible doing things we won't be able to do once a little one is here... getting lots of sleep, having quiet time together, going out with friends, working on the house, etc. I am also reading up on as much about infant care as possible so I will be ready when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment