After talking with other foster parents, it seems that the way to make sure you get called for a placement is to make yourself as busy and unavailable as possible. If you clear your schedule and wait patiently by the phone, it will never ring. But if you plan a week of traveling or socializing and throw yourself into something fun, be prepared to cancel your plans because a call is coming your way! Using this philosophy I decided to plan my busiest week ever. I took extra hours at work so I am now working 48 hours/week (that will all need to be substituted if a baby should arrive), I have a girl's lunch planned, Valentine's Day date out with John, family dinner for my birthday, friends' night out for my birthday, and 2 doctor's appointments. Is it crazy that I am HOPING I will have to cancel all this??

If this plan doesn't work and next week comes and goes with no call, I have a backup plan: trash the baby's room and the rest of the house! Any other ideas of how to make myself UNready?
No comments:
Post a Comment