Saturday, March 19, 2011

Zari version 2.0

On Wednesday Zari had his surgery to remove his adenoids and put tubes in his ears. This should hopefully make him breathe better, sleep better, and hear better (can you tell we have high hopes for this???). Although it was a bit anxiety-provoking, the whole experience was not that bad. John and I were super impressed with the efficiency of CCMC and how good they are at making kids feel comfortable. Zari drove up to the operating room in a little red car, laughing and smiling all the way. I carried him in and held his hands while he was put to sleep. He was back in our arms as he was waking up, so he was never felt alone or afraid. And much to our surprise, he was up and playing later that afternoon. The next day you would never even know he had anything done. He is definitely a trooper!

Here are some pics of the day:



7 am arrival at the hospital


Happy right up until the surgery... our good little patient!



All done! Back with Mommy


Sleeping peacefully


He did not want to wake up!


Back home and playing later that day. Can't keep this kid down!

2 comments:

  1. omg! where have I been...i have missed all these post! holy cow..they are getting so big!! :) I love T's hair ts adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Caitlin, I miss them, Zari looks so big!!
    Glad he is doing well from the surgery!

    ReplyDelete