I read these questions on a blog I follow and decide to answer them myself.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I bought a house!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I've never been big on New Year's resolutions. I think last year I resolved to do more cooking. FAIL.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No. 2011 was like a "skip" year for births. 2009, 2010, and 2012 are all bigger years for babies.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.
5. What countries did you visit?
Sadly, none. The extent of my travels this year was Maine (!). Kids have definitely put a stop to my travels. I am looking forward to resuming my favorite activity as they get older.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Healthy eating, exercise, and reading books.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The date of our kids' TPR trial. Although I wish there was an adoption finalization date to celebrate instead.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hmmm... potty training Tiana in Jan 2011? That was pretty big. Also finally getting the kids on a good sleep schedule that allows us all to get a good nights sleep 95% of the time.
9. What was your biggest failure?
See #2
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a great year health-wise. One night of puking after some suspicious Italian food. Other than that, nothing.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I think I would have to go with the HOUSE.
But my ipad gets 2nd place.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, groceries, boring stuff like that.
13. What did you get really excited about?
I was really excited about all the weddings we had this year. John and I always have an awesome time at weddings and we love catching up with people there. Also the week of Christmas when Joe, Wendy, and Julianna were here. And I always get super excited about my kids' birthdays.
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Anything by the Wiggles, especially Toot Toot Chugga Chugga which is Zari's current obsession. And Pitbull "Give Me Everything", which was Tiana's favorite song.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? HAPPIER!
– thinner or fatter? Same.
– richer or poorer? Richer overall, poorer if you only are looking at bank statements. 20% down is a lot of green.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I’d done more special things with the kids. I had a lot of things I wanted to do (Essex steam train, take Tiana to the Nutcracker) but somehow everyday things got in the way and I didn't make time for them.
I also wish I'd done more hikes. John always wants to go and I can usually think of something I'd rather do. But when we do hike, I suddenly remember how much I like it.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I’d spent less time stressing and less time on my laptop.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
We spend Christmas Eve with John's family, Christmas morning at home, and Christmas day at my Dad's. This is our new Christmas ritual and I love it.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
The only show I really watched regularly was Modern Family. It just makes me happy. I also watched quite a bit of Teen Mom, which I should probably be ashamed of.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
The only really good book I read this year was The Help. Way better than the movie.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
My kids don't really let me listen to adult music. But I do love Rihanna's song "We Found Love".
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
The Twilight movie Breaking Dawn was probaby the only movie I saw in theaters this year. Not surprisingly, I loved it.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 last Feb. We got some friends together and did Hibachi at Sakura. Then we came back to the condo and played Things, a fun game that we played quite a bit of this year.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A housekeeper.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Hahaha. Frumptastic? Hoodie, jeans, sneakers, bun.
26. What kept you sane?
Playdates with Crista and Christina. John and I laughing at the insanity of our lives. Thinking about how much easier 2011 was than 2010.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Good things come to those who wait.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment