Saturday, April 3, 2010

Daddy John

One thing that has been amazing to watch over the last three weeks is seeing my husband transform into a Daddy. The whole time we were preparing to be foster parents I thought John was just going along with it to make me happy. I was prepared for him to try it out and say "I had no idea how hard this would be- forget it!" But he has surprised me in every way. Once Elijah got here, he dove right in head first and never looked back. This is a guy who had no experience with kids what so ever. The first diaper he ever changed in his life was two days after Elijah got here, and I had to go to work. No one stood over his shoulder to make sure he did it correctly. He just did it. He just became a Dad overnight. (Now that I think about it, I suppose every parent becomes a parent overnight. But still.)

Last night John gave Elijah a bottle on the couch and Elijah fell asleep on John's chest. What a sight to melt my heart.



1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! Y'all are doing a great job! :) Happy Easter! I hope Elijah likes his Easter basket!

    ReplyDelete